Why Every Company & Organisation Should Drug Test
"Over the years, dependency on drugs (legal/illegal) by people in the workforce has increased. This rise in substance abuse does not just affect the victim & impair job performance, but also costs employers in the UK billions of pounds annually due to inefficient job performance, workplace accidents and absenteeism/presenteeism" 
Industry medical testing leader, Drug Testing Kits UK, is all too aware of this issue, & provides countless companies & organisations across the UK & Southern Ireland, with the latest, highly accurate, state-of-the-art, on-site drug testing kits
What the Research Tells Us
"A large proportion of work-related accidents are instigated by workers under the influence of drugs such as opiates and heroin. 60% of poor performance in the workplace and 40% of all accidents in the workplace are related to substance use/abuse" . On top of this, 70% of those who abuse drugs, are in full-time employment. In fact, in the UK, around: "17% of the workforce is made up of illicit drug users, and each year, 3 million of these employees clock in at work under the influence of substance like narcotics, opiates and others" . And the latter highlights one of the main reasons why Drug Testing Kits UK, recommend multi-panel drug tests which test for multiple drugs, both illegal, and prescription.
Even Small Businesses Are Under Threat
A study which was conducted by giving small business workplace interviews, indicated that: "1 in every 10 small business employers disclosed that they had experienced an employee under the effect of drugs during work hours" .
Facing the Facts
Every year, workplace drug abuse impacts: safety in the workplace, with resultant accidents; productivity - thereby decreasing the company's/organisation's bottom line; staff turnover rates, which causes instability; in-excused absenteeism; and workers’ compensation claims, which rocket up. Moreover, according to the National Safety Council, staff who misuse prescription drugs, are 2 to 5 fold more inclined to be tardy, take un-excused absences, become violent or get injured in the workplace; make employees’ compensation claims, and leave the company/organisation, or be fired within twelve months of employment .
Putting a Spotlight on Drug Testing Benefits
Giving your potential and current employees to a multi-panel drug test, can go a long way towards helping to scout out, and stop workplace drug abuse. The illicit drugs which are most commonly used, include cannabis/marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, methamphetamine, opioids and heroin.
Employers who commit to a robust on-site workplace drug testing program, which includes high-end, extremely accurate, drug testing kits, such as those provided by Drug Testing Kits UK, report:
- Improvements in staff performance, productivity, and morale
- A reduction in theft, downtime, accidents, and absenteeism
- A safer workplace for both staff and visiting members of the public
- Full compliance with government and council regulations
- Being able to recognise, and refer members of staff who have a drug issue, to an appropriate substance abuse help centre, which can put them on a government approved program 
Different Types of Drug Tests
There are a broad spectrum of employment-related drug tests which are suitable for companies and organisations of all sizes - that is to say, those with just a few employees, to those with thousands of employees, and all numbers in-between. For countless years, Drug Testing Kits UK, has been at the forefront of medical testing, and is proud of its work to make the drug testing procedure simple and more streamlined for employers. The testing kits are so user-friendly, that just one or two members of staff (depending on the company's/organisation's size), need to be appointed to administer the tests on employees.
Regardless of your unique needs or industry requirements, Drug Testing Kits UK has the leading best-in-business practices & cutting-edge tools necessary to help your company/organisation organise a drug testing program that will help protect your business/organisation, your employees, & the public at large that come into contact with your staff.
We encourage you to contact our professionally trained Customer Service Department to find out about the advantages of each type of multi-panel drug test, & which ones would best fit your unique requirements. We will respond as soon as possible, according to your preference, either by email, or telephone
Common Drug Testing Occasions
- Pre-Employment Drug Testing
- Periodic Drug Testing
- Follow-up Drug Testing
- Random Drug Testing
Reasonable Suspicion Drug Testing
- Return-to-Work Drug Testing
- Post-Accident Drug Testing (vehicle, machinery, etc
- Blanket Drug Testing/Wall-to-Wall Drug Testing .
A Close Up on Multi-Panel Urine Drug Testing Kits
These types of drug testing kits have the capacity to detect multiple drugs in just one drug test; further, they provide a clear, separate result for each drug. The test card features a number of prongs which stick out. For example, if you are using a Drug Testing Kits UK,10-panel drug testing kit, then there will be 10 prongs (comprising 5 on either side of the panel).
In order to conduct a drug test utilising a panel drug testing kit: in the first instance, you should remove the cap from the kit, so that the prongs are on display. After this, simply dip the panel into the urine sample for the specified time (as shown on the instructions).
Of note, you will also need a test cup to carry out this urine test. Drug Testing Kits UK, sell packets of top quality urine sample cups for multi-panel drug test kit use. As an alternative, you may like to purchase a fully integrated urine drug test cup (in which the drug test kit is built into the cup).
The Long List of Drugs Which Can Be Detected by a Drug Testing Kits UK, Urine Test
Drug Testing Kits UK, is delighted to announce that our latest leading-edge urine drug testing kits, can detect a highly comprehensive range of drugs. Further, this range is periodically being added to, according to new illicit and legal drugs, which are regularly coming on to the open market, and various communities.
Drug Testing Kits UK's urine drug test kits, can detect the following drugs:
- 6-MAM (When someone uses heroin, the drug is converted into the active metabolite 6-MAM)
- CBD (Cannabidiol)
- Cotinine (nicotine)
- Ecstacy (MDMA)
- EDDP (2-ethylidene-1, 5-dimethyl-3, 3-diphenylpyrrolidine)
- ETG (80 hour alcohol test)
- GHB (Gamma Hydroxybutyrate)
- K2-K3 (Synthetic Cannabis)
- LSD (Lysergic Acid Diethylamid)
- Mephedrone (MCAT)
- PCP (Phencyclidine)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel)
- TCA (Tricyclic Antidepressants)
Urine Drug Test Results
Using a Drug Testing Kits UK, urine drug testing kit, will detect the existence of either the parent drug, or its metabolites (broken down components), although, the test will not be able to show the level of the drug, or how much of the drug was consumed.
In a nutshell, if a member of staff's urine drug test gives a positive result, then this shows that the specified drug (or its metabolites), are present in the employee's urine sample, at levels at, or over, the test kit's detection level. The latter of which will be displayed on the test kit.
How Long Can the Drug Be Discovered After it Was Last Used, & What Do the Codes on the Urine Drug Test Stand For?
- AMP 1000ng/ml Amphetamines Speed, Whizz or Amp. (Detection period: 2-6 days)
- BAR 300ng/ml Barbiturates Depressants, Downers, Barbs. (Detection period: 3-8 days)
- BUP 10ng/ml Buprenorphine Subutex (Detection Period: 3-6 days)
- BZO 300ng/ml Benzodiazepines Benzos, Roofies or Rohypnol (Detection Period: 2-14 days)
- COC 300ng/ml Cocaine Coke, Charlie or Crack. (Detection Period: 2-5 days)
- KET 1000ng/ml Ketamine, K, or Special K (Detection Period: 3-5 days)
- MDMA 1000ng/ml Methylenedioxymethamphetamine E's or Ecstasy (Detection Period: 2-6 days)
- MET 1000ng/ml Methamphetamines Glass, Meth or Ice (Detection Period: 2-6 days)
- MOP 300ng/ml Morphine, Heroin, Opiates, smack or gear 2-5 days
- MOR 300ng/ml Morphine, Heroin, Opiates, Gear, or Smack (Detection Period: 2-5 days)
- MTD 300ng/ml Methadone, Red Rock, or Dolly (Detection Period: 2-8 days)
- OPI 2000ng/ml Opiates, Heroin, Gear, or Smack (Detection Period: 2-5 days)
- PCP 25ng/ml Phencyclidine, Peace Pill, or Angel Dust (Detection Period: 3-8 days)
- TCA 300ng/ml Tricyclic Antidepressants TCA (Detection Period: 6 -10 days, according to how long the drug was used)
- THC 50ng/ml Marijuana Cannabis, Spliff, Puff, Hash, Hemp, or Hashish (Detection Period: casual usage 2-14 days; heavy usage up to 30 days)
- EDDP 300ng/ml EDDP Screening Tests. (Detection Period: up to 5 days after consumption)
- OXY 300ng/ml Oxycodone (Detection Period: 2-5 days)
- PXP 300ng/ml Propoxyphene (Detection Period: 2-5 days)
- COT 200ng Cotinine (nicotine) (Detection Period: 2-5 days)
- K2 / K3 Spice 50ng (Detection Period: 2-3 days)
. Reader's Digest (2022). "The Hidden Cost of Substance Abuse in the UK Workplace."
. DISA (2022). "Benefits of Drug Testing."